THE MISSION of the Black Interior Designers Network (BIDN) is to celebrate diversity within the interior design industry by highlighting designers of color and supporting black designers with business development opportunities.
WE STRIVE TO:
- Build a community resource of African-American Interior Designers capable of handling design projects of various sizes and scope.
- Showcase African American home and lifestyle through partnerships with various media outlets, books, magazines, blogs and network television appearances.
- Partner with brands willing to work with designers from our network to ensure competitive pricing and business expansion opportunities.
- Celebrate the unique contribution designers of color bring to the interior design industry.
- Provide business development training to designers through our national and regional events.
- Use the combined wisdom of the designers on the African American Top 20 List to educate and encourage the next generation of interior design professionals.
We are committed to helping you grow your business. One way we do this is by giving you access to the resources we feel will help you deliver superior service to your clients. We do this by hosting a must-attend national conference every year. Now in it’s 7th year, the conference is the go-to resource for minority designers at every stage of their career. We bring in keynote and other speakers who understand the unique challenges faced by creatives and specifically designers of color. The theme of the 2018 conference is Structure and Advocacy. Our goal is equip attendees with winning structure strategies in addition to structured support for a solid business foundation.
We are limiting the attendance to this conference in order to effectively facilitate intimate group workshops and individual market assessments. Early Registration is now open. This conference is for those serious about creating a strategic plan for their business. Members of the African American Top 20 and other industry insiders will be on hand to coach and guide you through the weekend.